Position: Application Support Specialist
Location Markham ON, Head Office
As a member of the application support team, you will deliver post-sales support on High Line’s HR/Payroll software solution via telephone and email contact. You will be able to investigate problems, deliver solutions and respond accurately to client inquiries. This position involves problem-solving and troubleshooting of complex and intricate issues and requires independent judgement. You must be able to prioritize tasks and be able to determine when second tier intervention is required. You must have excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal, and develop a thorough understanding of the product and its capabilities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Monitor/analyze client issues; determine the scope of the issue or enhancement request.
- Resolve the issue or coordinate personnel required to resolve the issue.
- Complete issue resolution tasks, and/or manage any additional resources required to deliver customization or issue resolution.
- Perform administration tasks necessary to successfully track time and document tasks and deliverables as required insuring proper billing to the client
- Document phone calls, call logs, and record keeping information clearly and precisely.
- Use time management and organization skills to prioritize workload to meet critical deadlines.
- Create and update documentation as needed
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Strong customer service orientation with an emphasis on building and maintain relationships with clients.
- Candidates must demonstrate initiative and self-motivation be able to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify information required to resolve client issues and to use related pieces of information to successfully draw conclusions and solve problems.
- Excellent English-language communication skills, both written and oral, to communicate with customers across North America, and other staff
- Knowledgeable/skilled in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Prior experience or education in human resources or payroll applications an asset, but not a requirement
- Knowledge and experience of SQL or other programming languages an asset, but not a requiremennt
- High Line provides support from 8AM to 8 PM, across two shifts. Successful candidates must be flexible to work hours as required.
- As a member of the support team you will be called upon, periodically, to provide application support on Canadian statutory holidays, with appropriate compensation.
- Overtime may be required from time to time to meet client payroll and benefit deadlines.
Knowledge of High Line’s applications will be acquired through ongoing in house training, as well as self-study
This is a full-time salaried position and qualifies for High Line Corp’s standard benefit plan.
Starting salary is dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.